The Cycle: Frontier is a free-to-play high-stakes PvPvE first-person shooter driven by suspense and danger. Prospect for resources and other riches on an abandoned alien world ravaged by a deadly storm, inhabited by monsters, and frequently raided by other ambitious Prospectors.
Worked on The Cycle during the Alpha stage of the project, mostly focusing on supporting the level art and design teams on the first map called Bright Sands.
The game is slated to release in 2022 on Epic gamestore and Steam.
Senior Technical Artist
- Performance profiling and optimizations for overall level content.
- Supporting art and design teams with storm implementation.
- Prototyping AI behavior in blueprint and blackboard systems for the critter 'leafman' and 'blueman', such as being alerted, curious and afraid of player characters.
- Prototyping reactive flora in blueprint, such as healing fungal pods in the swamp areas.
- Experimenting and implementing foliage optimizations using Octahedral Impostors from Ryan Brucks.